What is oculoplastic surgery?
Evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of functional disorders and cosmetic complaints involving the eyelids, orbit (tissue and bones surrounding the eye), and tear drainage system
- Dermatochalasis – excess skin of the upper and/lower eyelids
- Ptosis or Blepharoptosis – drooping of the upper eyelids
- Blepharoplasty – eyelid surgery to remove redundant skin from the upper and/or lower lids
- Blepharospasm – involuntary spasm/closing of the eyelids
- Ectropion – outward turn or sag of the eyelids
- Entropion – inward turn of the eyelids
- Retraction – pulling down of the lower eyelid and pulling up of the upper eyelid
- Lagophthalmos – gap between eyelids when they are trying to close
- Eyelid skin cancers/lesions
- Exophthalmos/Proptosis – bulging of the eye
- Graves Disease/Thyroid Eye Disease – eyelid/orbital findings due to thyroid dysfunction
- Lacrimal – refers to the tear production or drainage system
- Epiphora – tearing which comes down the cheek
Before and After Gallery
Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty
Upper and Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty and Upper Eyelid Ptosis (drooping) Repair
Our Oculoplastic Specialist
Balaji Perumal, M.D. is an Ophthalmic Plastic, Facial Cosmetic and Reconstructive Eye Surgeon. Dr. Perumal has specialized interest and training in all areas of reconstructive and cosmetic oculofacial surgery including eyelid surgery and reconstruction, periocular skin cancer and lesions, ptosis repair, cosmetic eyelid surgery, orbital tumors, endoscopic brow lift for droopy eyebrows, entropion and ectropion repair, lacrimal system & tearing disorders and thyroid eye disease. He has written multiple articles and chapters on these subjects.
If you are interested in learning more about any of the above topics, please schedule an appointment with our board certified, fellowship trained oculoplastic fellowship surgeon, Dr. Balaji Perumal. Call today at 855-654-2020.