What is oculoplastic surgery?
Evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of functional disorders and cosmetic complaints involving the eyelids, orbit (tissue and bones surrounding the eye), and tear drainage system
- Dermatochalasis – excess skin of the upper and/lower eyelids
- Ptosis or Blepharoptosis – drooping of the upper eyelids
- Blepharospasm – involuntary spasm/closing of the eyelids
- Ectropion – outward turn or sag of the eyelids
- Entropion – inward turn of the eyelids
- Retraction – pulling down of the lower eyelid and pulling up of the upper eyelid
- Lagophthalmos – gap between eyelids when they are trying to close
- Eyelid skin cancers/lesions
- Exophthalmos/Proptosis – bulging of the eye
- Graves Disease/Thyroid Eye Disease – eyelid/orbital findings due to thyroid dysfunction
- Lacrimal – refers to the tear production or drainage system
- Epiphora – tearing which comes down the cheek
If you are interested in learning more about any of the above topics, please schedule an appointment with our board certified, fellowship trained oculoplastic fellowship surgeon, Dr. Balaji Perumal. Call today at 855-654-2020.